Bismarck Wreck model help.

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
BobaFettSlave_1

Bismarck Wreck model help.

Post by BobaFettSlave_1 »

Hi guys. ive been buzzing around the forum for awile now. i just desided to join up. I NEED YOUR HELP. ive built models of the bismarck before & ive disided to take on a new challenge. i have 1 tamiya model of the bismarck ive put on hold for about a year. i lost afew peices from it so i thought it through & desided im going to convert it into the wreck of the bismarck. in adition to this task im buying a 2nd model of the bismarck that will be when she was in her true glory. ive recently started using brass parts for my models like the railings & such & was wondering if there was anywhere i could get railings for the bismarck & stuff like the radar sencors in brass. anyone know where i could find these?

also on the part of the wreck model. I need detailed photos/drawings of the wreck on the bottom of the ocean. in the documentery Expedition bismark when they are talking about doing the full damage survey they have sheets of what look like drawings/paintings of the ship on the bottom of the ocean. any one know where i could get really detailed prints or pictures of the wreck? Also has anyone done this before? made a really detailed 1/350 model of the bismark wreck? if so can somone has plz say so couse any help in this would be great. thanks guys i apretiate the help
BobaFettSlave_1

anyone? :?: ide really like the help on this project.
paulcadogan

Post by paulcadogan »

Hi Bob,

The only place I've seen images (artist's reproduction) of the Bismarck wreck from various angles are in Robert Ballard's book on his 1989 expedition "The Discovery of the Bismarck". If you haven't seen them yet, they could be helpful to you. '(Of course, later expeditions would have obtained higher resolution images, but I can't help you with those!)

I actually did a 1/700 waterline version of it years ago based on them - but not even remotely as detailed as what I suspect you're doing!

Good luck!

Paul
BobaFettSlave_1

thanks. i foud an above shot painting on another site. other than that im still sorta blind on this. im just now trying to find the lenght of the stern peice that detatched. ill check out that book for sure
Herr Nilsson

Post by Herr Nilsson »

BobaFettSlave_1

oh man. thanks. i already had the 3dhistory site but the other one helps alot with the side & above angles of the wreck. thanks again. just alottle update ive just added in the turret tower shafts. i used copper pipe fittings. ill post pictures later
BobaFettSlave_1

Well im finished. & i hope you guys will like it. i put a ton of work into this. ill post pictures ASAP.
Eternal_Spirit

Post by Eternal_Spirit »

I know this is a few months later but......

If you still can't find anything try this:

http://www.bismarck-class.dk/bismarck/b ... _menu.html

It has photos of James Camerons expedition to the Bismarck. (At least I think it is him)

Scroll down to the "The Wreck of Bismarck" section. It is 4th from the bottom. Hope they help.
redalb2253

Brass railings

Post by redalb2253 »

Boba try Gold metal models for etch for almost every ship model out there.
"Success flourishes only in perseverance ceaseless, restless perseverance"
Baron Manfred von Richthofen
hellomartin

Post by hellomartin »

Hi Bob,

Sounds a fascinating project. I visited the wreck in the 2005 expedition. We used the same Oceangraphic vessel and submersible crew as Cameron and there were no detailed drawings of the wreck on board. Did you ever get to build the wreck model?

Martin