Captains Bridge and Funnel Area

Anything concerning the wreck. Expeditions, submersibles, photos, etc.
Ultimate Shield

Captains Bridge and Funnel Area

Post by Ultimate Shield »

Hello, New guy here to these forums. I have been lurking around for some time this place has been a fantastic resource for helping me learn more about this magnificent ship and I don't know why I hadn't joined sooner. :think:
Anyway my first question I was hoping you guys could help me with is might anyone here have any detailed photos and or videos they wouldn't mind sharing of where the Admirals bridge away from the Captains bridge and where the funnel tore away? I haven't seen much for photos of this area of the ship in Ballard's book or movies I own.
Ultimate Shield

Re: Captains Bridge and Funnel Area

Post by Ultimate Shield »

Heres what little I have seen of this area from Nazi Supership ans Expedition Bismarck. I'm really interested in what the area directly behind and aft of the coning tower looks like as well as how this area would have town off the ship. Are there still parts of that area still connected in places? Or when the Admiral's bridge tore off did it take that whole lower area with it? From what you see in Expedition Bismarck it is not attached to the Admiral's bridge any more it seems

Karl Heidenreich

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

Excellent photos! Excellent!
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
RF

Post by RF »

Yes, they certainly are!
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.