Is Europe a country? I believe it because I saw it

Anything else you want to talk about.
Karl Heidenreich

Is Europe a country? I believe it because I saw it

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

I only believe this because I saw and heard it. If not I would have regarded this as a hoax...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06pk-CyF ... re=related

:silenced:
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
Terje Langoy
Supporter

Post by Terje Langoy »

Geography can be quite tricky sometimes ... but this young lady know how to fix that problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Apparently it´s all about providing maps to someone in Asia or Africa or the US.

Just to have mentioned it to the US-members of this board - I know these unfortunate comments are not common for all young americans. We do have "bright heads" here too. Not long ago I saw a norwegian blonde (on youtube of course) refuting a computer geek while having absolutely no idea what a computer is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnRAIYtAGdU

The screen is the computer, not the hard-drive because that is .. well, just a box!

It´s like the host replied to the woman in that clip of Karl.

"You don´t want to hear a man´s opinion. You want to hear your own opinion ... in a deeper voice"
Gary

Re: Is Europe a country? I believe it because I saw it

Post by Gary »

:lol: :lol: :lol: She (the lady in Karl's link) proved the old saying about Blondes being dumb :wink:
God created the world in 6 days.........and on the 7th day he built the Scharnhorst
RF

Post by RF »

Well, Europes' not a country. Not a single EU flag at the Olympics, indeed the evil empire has been completely sidelined.

And Britain has far more medals than those other EU members. Let us hope that Team GB doesn't get hijacked into Team EU......
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
Vic Dale

Post by Vic Dale »

Europe is a trading block established to restrict the flow of goods and artificially jack up prices. I am an internationalist who believes in the unity of peoples world wide I do not believe in nationalism, the supremacy of Britain etc, but Europe is not the way forward and to my mind it would be a good thing if it flew apart.
RF

Post by RF »

Vic Dale wrote:Europe is a trading block established to restrict the flow of goods and artificially jack up prices. I am an internationalist who believes in the unity of peoples world wide I do not believe in nationalism, the supremacy of Britain etc, but Europe is not the way forward and to my mind it would be a good thing if it flew apart.
I entirely agree except that Vic like many others falls into that EU ploy of identifying the European Union as the whole continent of Europe. The EU is not a continent it is quango too big for its boots.
paul.mercer

Post by paul.mercer »

Well said the both of you!
RF

Post by RF »

Members following this thread may be interested to know that the British Prime Minister made a speech earlier this week to the annual conference of the Confederation of British Industry, the UK's biggest employers organisation that represents Britain's largest companies and multinational companies based or operating in the UK (or rather the interests of the leaders and senior management of these companies). Now this organisation rather likes the EU as does the British Prime Minister. The CBI members were getting rather concerned that David Cameron's offer of an in/in/out referendum in 2017 could lead to an out vote....

Well the Prime Minister made it clear that he wanted an in vote and plans to get it by pretending to renegotiate the terms of membership (the rest of the EU leaders have already said that he won't get any change of terms) and having done that thinks he can persuade the British voters to endorse his stance. To do this he needs to win the 2015 general election. He plans to do this by pretending to be ''eurosceptic'' and intimating that the UK might leave if the renegotiation didn't achieve a satisfactory position.. So he is seeking to fool those people like me who want withdrawal into voting for him so we can have our in/in/out referendum.
Only Cameron is an actor who speaks well with a forked tongue. Once the 2015 election is out of the way (and if he wins) we will be bombarded with pro-EU propaganda which will at least show him in his true light. Only if he can win will he dare to have this referendum; the best chance with Cameron is that we won't get it, instead he will promise a referendum again at the 2020 general election.

What has not been widely reported in this speech was a couple of sentences concerning the Euro, the EU's single currency of which the UK thankfully is not a member. Well David Cameron wants the UK under his leadership to join the Euro, because as he says ''the Euro is the force'' promoting change in the EU and represents the future of the EU.

Tony Blair should be proud of David Cameron. He might even vote Conservative in 2015 because like Tony Blair David Cameron likes the Euro.

Alas these two actors and conmen will never ever get my vote. I shall vote as my conscience dictates, for a party that will take the UK straight out of the EU if it gets in power.