New Moderator

Relevant news about the site.
Alberto Virtuani

Re: New Moderator

Post by Alberto Virtuani »

@ Mr.Rico (and Mr.Rico only),

Bill Jurens (your Bismarck forum "moderator") has once again "censored" the post (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8742&p=85042#p85040) where I was denouncing his side-taken approach and asking your intervention because he had left Mr.Wadinga once again free to provoke (in case you are interested, I have the full posts and I can send them to you for your evaluation).

He has even been pathetic pretending he does "not monitor postings on an hour-by-hour basis", when in the past he had left clear insults (e.g."troll") on the forum for 5 days during my ban.... Let's say he seems to be more "sensitive" to my "inflammatory tones" (???) than to his supporters repeated insults and provocations....

Please don't be reticent and now please answer my above post 6 direct questions (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8347#p84945) as I'm really fed up of this guy, who claims the right to "caution" and ban me after having committed a blatant plagiarism and after having unduly attacked here the (by far) most knowledgeable person about the DS battle, forcing him to leave.

I would like to understand your position in front of everybody regarding the actions and the behavior of this person in your forum. Thanks in advance

Bye, Alberto
"It takes three years to build a ship; it takes three centuries to build a tradition" (Adm.A.B.Cunningham)

"There's always a danger running in the enemy at close range" (Adm.W.F.Wake-Walker)
Alberto Virtuani

@ Mr.Rico:

here the last "dictatorial masterpiece"(viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8753#p85088) of your plagiarist moderator who is just playing his dirty game on your forum.

Please, answer my questions (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8347#p84945) and let me finally take my own decision about my future contribution to this forum.

Bye, Alberto
"It takes three years to build a ship; it takes three centuries to build a tradition" (Adm.A.B.Cunningham)

"There's always a danger running in the enemy at close range" (Adm.W.F.Wake-Walker)
dunmunro

Post by dunmunro »

I have complete confidence in our new moderator.
Alberto Virtuani

Hello everybody,
Dunmunro wrote: "I have complete confidence in our new moderator. "
...I I would have bet on it....

However the questions were not for any of the "ones who deny any evidence at any cost". These people are obviously very happy of such a "one-way moderation": it has forced their "nemesis" (Antonio Bonomi) to leave the forum and it is repeatedly silencing me (and me only...).
It also allows them to still "revitalise" their beloved "fairy-tale" about the DS battle (the one sold by the winners, with the "heroism" of all the involved RN officers) through its risible justification about the "indeterminateness" of all timing, bearing, distance, photo, film, report and declaration, despite the "moderator" himself has published an extremely precise battlemap (download/file.php?id=3593), that rubbish forever all their fantasies about any possible alternative reconstruction....

The questions were (and still are) for the Forum Webmaster, (Mr.Rico) only, who has been embarrassingly silent up to now, who knows why... :think:

Bye, Alberto

Alberto Virtuani

Hello everybody,

Ref.: this post viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8742&start=75#p85098,
Reubs64 wrote: "I would respectfully request that the site owner and moderator ponder a permanent expulsion for the above named poster. "
Good, the only sentence of the whole above low post I agree with. I have already denounced the fact that the above vile post has been left untouched by the so-called "moderator" of this forum for one full month, despite containing only insults and zero value to the discussion (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8742&start=75#p85158).

I have repeatedly asked the intervention of the forum owner to answer my questions and to provide me his position (and even his sanction, as Reubs64 has cowardly written above) about what is happening in his forum due to the "moderator" actions.

When will Mr.Rico answer these questions ? viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8347#p84945

I'm sorry to bother everybody with my request, but I think I have the right to know what the forum owner thinks about such a situation and to have his view in front of everybody about his "moderator" morale stature, in view of what has been unveiled recently after the publication of his book and his actions protecting only his own personal interests. It would not be difficult for him to answer me, as questions are easy and clear, therefore, please ask yourself, why is he silent ? Why is he not possibly taking any action against me ?

I have already said that I will accept Mr.Rico public position, and his position only, to take my own decision about my contribution to the forum.

Bye, Alberto

Alberto Virtuani

Hello everybody,

following the suggestions of some members, I won't anymore make any polemic in the "Bismarck General Discussion" forum, just discussing the way the "moderation" is put in place (and the recent unfair decisions of the "moderator" against me) here only, where such a debate about the "moderator" belongs to, still waiting for an answer from the Webmaster.

[Residual portion of post deleted as inappropriate] W. Jurens

Bye, Alberto

Alberto Virtuani

Hello everybody,

Alecsandros wrote: "Alberto should be un-blocked...…I wonder why you are forever challenging him without rules or order. "
Thanks Alec, for your support.
I have been left alone in this discussion for quite some time and from time to time I wonder whether I'm the only one to see the truth here or whether I'm wrong accusing the "moderator"....

[Offensive material deleted] W. Jurens
Wadinga wrote: "Splendid, commensurate and informed action by Moderator..."
Is the above:
The usual vile shooting from behind

[Additional offensive material deleted] W. Jurens
Bye, Alberto

Alberto Virtuani

[Offensive material deleted] W. Jurens

Bye, Alberto
Attachments
Forum_Statistics-1.jpg
Forum_Statistics-1.jpg (8.5 KiB) Viewed 5740 times

Alberto Virtuani

Hello everybody,
Bill Jurens wrote: "Mr. Virtuani must realize that part of my job, whether he likes it or not, actually IS to make up and enforce the rules for the forum. Others seem to be more or less fine with this. This forum is, in my opinion (and most others seem to agree) essentially intended to act as a technical forum, not a personal one, where personal interchanges are, at least for the most part, collegial and constructive, with disagreements resolved, if possible, in respectful tones. In this environment, attitudes which seem to take offense at everything and direct offense at everybody are not really productive. This includes repetitive personal attacks on the moderator, both as moderator, and as a regular participant in discussions.
I really don't want to ban you again, but I will should your argumentative postings continue."
Totally wrong and showing that Mr. Jurens has not clear in mind his role.

[Additional offensive material deleted] W. Jurens

Bye, Alberto

Byron Angel

Post by Byron Angel »

Alberto Virtuani wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:44 pm Hello everybody,
Bill Jurens wrote: "Mr. Virtuani must realize that part of my job, whether he likes it or not, actually IS to make up and enforce the rules for the forum. Others seem to be more or less fine with this. This forum is, in my opinion (and most others seem to agree) essentially intended to act as a technical forum, not a personal one, where personal interchanges are, at least for the most part, collegial and constructive, with disagreements resolved, if possible, in respectful tones. In this environment, attitudes which seem to take offense at everything and direct offense at everybody are not really productive. This includes repetitive personal attacks on the moderator, both as moderator, and as a regular participant in discussions.
I really don't want to ban you again, but I will should your argumentative postings continue."
Totally wrong and showing that Mr. Jurens has not clear in mind his role.

Mr. Jurens should have realized (since he "volunteered" for the role) that the moderator's job is to enforce the EXISTING (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29) and ACCEPTED (by everybody when joining) rules of the forum, NOT to invent his own ones at his personal convenience as a dictator: e.g. a limit of 150 or 500 words per post, a limit of 1 post per day, ban to emojis, ban to "bold" and "underlined", etc. etc. + the shameful "cage" where he recently hoped to put me (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8753).

Bye, Alberto
- - -

For the sake of good order, here is Mr Rico's initial post on this thread, introducing Mr Jurens, outlining his authority and duties as well as the responsibilities of forum members going forward -

New Moderator
Post by José M. Rico » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:55 am

Hello,

This is to inform you all that from now on, Bill Jurens will be board moderator. He is both an experienced and knowledgeable member of our community and has kindly volunteered to do the job. This means, that among other things, Bill will ultimately have the power to lock threads that go wild or off-topic (either temporarily or permanently), issue warnings to forum members, and basically try to make sure everybody behaves correctly as expected from mature people.

Some of you have been forum members for many years now, but there will be no favorites and no more name-calling will be allowed. All users, without exception must follow the Moderator's directions, so if Bill requires you to stay on topic, or stop certain behavior, just comply. Remember, next to me as Administrator, Bill Jurens will be the authority here.

Best regards to all,
José

If any of the above seems unclear, I suggest sending a quick post directly to Mr Rico asking for clarification.

Byron
Bill Jurens

Post by Bill Jurens »

I was unaware of Mr. Virtuani's parallel postings on this thread until very recently.

The content and tone of the more recent postings by Mr. Virtuani speaks for itself. He has made his points and stated his positions. Repeatedly. Although I could respond, and have before, I honestly feel it pointless to go through the exercise again. Although my temptation is to simply expunge this material immediately, in the interests of fair play I will leave these posts up for reference purposes for another 24 hours or so. They will thereafter be deleted.

I trust most participants will understand why I have banned Mr. Virtuani from further postings. In this case, the ban will extend until 1 March, 2020. A permanent ban would perhaps be more satisfying, and would certainly be easier to enforce, but -- like the death penalty -- leaves no opportunity for reintegration should attitudes change. That being said, in the interests of the common good, further bans, should they be required, will be enforced more quickly and for longer periods.

For reference, there would seem to be no further requirement for participants to limit the frequency or the length of their responses to commentary in threads in this forum. The restriction was in any case voluntary and restricted to one particular group of threads revolving around Denmark Strait, and was intended to turn the heat down a bit so that discussions would be limited to well-thought-out technical issues rather than involving rather immediate responses to personal attacks. I am assuming that the current situation renders these constraints on commentary are no longer necessary. They were never desirable.

Should any participants feel these actions are unwarranted, I would invite them to respond either publicly or via private message. Constructive commentary is ALWAYS welcome.

My thanks to all for their support and commentary.

Bill Jurens
moderator.
Bill Jurens

Post by Bill Jurens »

As mentioned yesterday, I have taken the action of deleting significant portions of material posted by Mr. Virtuani in January as being inappropriate, offensive, and repetitive. Although these attacks were primarily pointed at myself, similar action would have been taken had any other participant to this forum been attacked in a similar manner.

Although I was tempted to remove the material ( a good deal of which would probably be considered borderline libelous in many countries) entirely, in fairness to Mr. Virtuani, and in an attempt to avoid any accusations regarding a 'conflict of interest, I have left as much residual material in place as possible, thus retaining at least the general gist of the posting(s).

Mr. Virtuani has been banned from further postings until 01 March 2020. Should he choose to return, his commentary should be restricted to purely technical and historical issues, with personal commentary regarding other contributors entirely (or almost entirely) deleted.

W. Jurens (moderator)
frontkampfer

Post by frontkampfer »

Bill,
I want to state publicly what I have said privately that you have my total support as moderator and that you have shown tremendous restraint in dealing with the constant attacks. I hope the 'time out' to the individual involved will bring some self introspection but I have my doubts. Please continue with your fine efforts!
FK
"I will not have my ship shot out from under my ass!"
wadinga

Post by wadinga »

To All,

Like Frontkampfer I am 100% in support of Bill Jurens' actions and consider he has been a model of restraint although possibly a little too zealous, on occasion, in attempting to treat opposing parties absolutely equally.

The campaign against him personally in attempting to undermine his appointment by the website owner in this thread, is absolutely inexcusable and the length of ban imposed is entirely fair if not a little lenient. This website benefits hugely from having his knowledge and judgement at its disposal.

I hope we can rebuild the volume of postings without the contributions of you know who!

All the best

wadinga
"There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
Alberto Virtuani

Byron Angel wrote: "For the sake of good order, here is Mr Rico's initial post on this thread, introducing Mr Jurens... "
Thanks for posting this again, however the "introduction" was done on November 16, 2018, much before Bill Jurens published his book, demonstrating beyond any doubt that he is just a low copycat (caught in the act) (download/file.php?id=3593) and before it was clear he was playing his dirty game against Antonio Bonomi (the person he copied, evidently not being able to build his own different battlemap) to "anticipate" his due reaction.

I have denounced these abuses to Mr.Rico, also in private mails, unfortunately never receiving ANY answer. That's why I'm now taking my own decision to leave a forum where the only remaining members will soon be the hooligan supporters of such a kind of person.

@Mr.Rico:
it has been an honour and a pleasure to participate to your very good forum in the past years, discussing interesting topics with yourself from time to time.

However, since you have named Bill Jurens "moderator" the climate has changed, forcing Antonio Bonomi (and now me) to leave forever, together with many visitors that were making this forum a reference for Bismarck (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8347&start=15#p85349).

What has been done to Antonio by Bill Jurens is a shame... [offensive commentary directed against Mr. Rico deleted. WJJ].
I think it's a pity to lose the plurality here, but apparently you are happy this way. I just hope there is no editorial interests behind such an inexplicable decision to kill your own forum leaving it in such bad hands.... [Offensive commentary directed against Mr. Rico deleted. WJJ].

I wish you personally the best anyway.

Bye
Alberto
Last edited by Alberto Virtuani on Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.