Obama´s mosque

Anything else you want to talk about.
lwd

Re: Obama´s mosque

Post by lwd »

Karl Heidenreich wrote:... the islamic president Osama, sorry Obama,
Obama may be a lot of things but he's not Islamic as any one with more than a couple of funcitoning brain cells should know.
Are there any real chances for the people of the US to recover their country?
Very difficult since we never lost it. Whether or not Obama gets another term is an open question though.
lwd

Post by lwd »

frontkampfer wrote:Some states are just too blue (democrat) like Ny, NJ, CA.
Interesting in that historically Ca has gone Republican more often that Democrat and is 5 for 5 in the last 10 elections. See: http://www.270towin.com/states/California
... . As I said if the economy stay bad, gets worse or if the people think it obama is gone.
Probably correct. Gas prices will be a key indicator as well.
In short, Romney can play the same game as obama and they already don't like it, bemoaning the fact that Romney is not setting the same tone as McCain.
If the economy hadn't tanked just before the election McCain would probably have won. Romney acting different doesn't necessarily hurt them. Of course that hasn't stopped people from complaining anyway.
In short, people have got to realize that if this looser of a president gets reelected then it will be the end of the US as most know it! IMHO
I simply don't see that as likely but I guess it's possible. Indeed to date Obama hasn't leaned anywhere near as far to the left as I expected.
lwd

Post by lwd »

Karl Heidenreich wrote:.... It is incredible that a communist muslim is sitting in the same office of Reagan, Teddy and George Washington.
Karl, you really need to get your perscriptions refilled and start taking them again.
RF

Post by RF »

lwd wrote:
frontkampfer wrote:Some states are just too blue (democrat) like Ny, NJ, CA.
Interesting in that historically Ca has gone Republican more often that Democrat and is 5 for 5 in the last 10 elections. See: http://www.270towin.com/states/California
But as the article confirms it has moved from Republican to Democrat, as the ''5 for 5 in the last 10 elections'' offers good play for manipulating statistics. The increasing ''Latino'' population is pushing it more Democratic, and Obama won in 2008 even with the ''Latino's'' not exactly his enthusiastic supporteters.

New Jersey is another example of a former solid Republican state now voting Democratic.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
lwd

Post by lwd »

On the otherhand they had a Republican govenor during a good portion of the period when they were voting for Democratic presidents. The population of CA is very bimodal and not leaning enough to one side to make it a sure bet for anyone. It can also be rather radically effected by specific issues.

As for 2008 the economy was the driving issue McCain was in the lead in late July / early August and then the economy really tanked as did his campaign many people blaiming Republicans in general for the problem. Looking around a bit though McCain never seems to have had a lead over Obama in California.
RF

Post by RF »

But CA is nothing new in being ''bimodel'' - it voted for Barry Goldwater (narrowly) in the 1964 Republican primary, only to vote substantially for Johnson in the presidential election later that year, and two years on it elected Ronald Reagan as governor also by a landslide.

The current Republican governor is something of an oddball untypical of the Republican Party, who didn't seek the presidential nomination this year. Which I think does say a lot.

But the fact is that for the first five of the ten you mentioned CA went Republican, while the last five went Democrat. That is across a whole range of candidates and is I think rather more significant electorally. Particulary when you note that Obama carried CA whereas Carter couldn't.
frontkampfer

Post by frontkampfer »

RF,

Jerry Brown is the current Governor and he is a democrat. He was Governor once before and is considered a bit of a flake. Having said that, the demographics of CA have changed. High influx of minority voters and the more affluent leaving for Nevada and Arizona for a more "Taxpayer friendly" environment. Sadly, CA is firmly in the democrat column and will vote for obama.
"I will not have my ship shot out from under my ass!"
RF

Post by RF »

I hadn't realised that Schwartzenneger (I'm not sure that I have got the spelling right!) had gone. But yes the demographics have changed, not just in composition but also in size, as I gather that CA now has 55 votes in the electoral college - more than 10% of the total.
lwd

Post by lwd »

RF wrote:... he current Republican governor is something of an oddball untypical of the Republican Party, who didn't seek the presidential nomination this year. Which I think does say a lot....
Since you were talking about Schwatzenneger what it says it that he was not Constititutionally allowed to do so.
Karl Heidenreich

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

lwd:
Karl, you really need to get your perscriptions refilled and start taking them again.
I wasn't even refering to you so I don't know the need to insult me. But you insult too often in your trollistic ways which indicates your intolerance to those that do not share your way of seeing things. Your problem of being a moron (this last you deserve for the first blood spilled).
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
lwd

Post by lwd »

Karl Heidenreich wrote: ... I wasn't even refering to you so I don't know the need to insult me.
You made an absurd statment about our president which directly reflects on American voters of which I'm one. If it had been accurate or even reasonable I wouldn't have replied in such a maner. I should also point out that you have made a fair amount of inane and/or useless posts aimed at me recently so you can take the reply as one to them as well as this post.
But you insult too often in your trollistic ways
I suspect an unbiassed outside observer would come to a very different conclusion as to who is being the troll here.
Your problem of being a moron (this last you deserve for the first blood spilled).
Actually I believe that if you check back the first post I made after I returned was in reply to a rather insulting description of my posting habits.
Karl Heidenreich

I insist: Obama is a communist muslim. A great deal of American voters think that too, maybe you don;t which is why democracy is so imperfect.

:stubborn:
Sir Winston Churchill
lwd

Post by lwd »

Karl Heidenreich wrote:I insist: Obama is a communist muslim.
There is very strong evidence he is neither indeed he has been a member of a number of Christian churches and there is little to link him to Islam. As for communist again there is little or no reliable evidence that I've seen.
A great deal of American voters think that too,
I never claimed there weren't a fair number of idiots here as is true of most places. Although I'd like to know how many you think is a "great deal". If it's an appreciable number some evidence would be nice.
maybe you don;t
Obviously I don't. I tend require fairly solid evidence and when the only solid evidence is contrary to a position I usually don't believe in it.
which is why democracy is so imperfect.
Actually it rather points to one of the strengths of democracy rather than a weakness. The number of people who believe in truly wierd/inane/etc things are usually in a small enough minority that they don't have a huge impact, they do thend to be noisy and generate a fair amount of press though.
Karl Heidenreich

I never claimed there weren't a fair number of idiots here as is true of most places
You must know, in case you are put on trial they will be your peers... intelectually. :whistle:
Sir Winston Churchill