area between anton and bruno on scharnhorst

Warship design and construction, terminology, navigation, hydrodynamics, stability, armor schemes, damage control, etc.
rtwpsom2

area between anton and bruno on scharnhorst

Post by rtwpsom2 »

Allright the next area I need help with is the area between Anton and Bruno turrets. From a drawing I have:

I have some of the tems done, but there are three or four things in there that I have no references for. I am hoping someone here might have something.
Jack B.

Re: area between anton and bruno on scharnhorst

Post by Jack B. »

My guess is that they are ventilation intakes. I probably have pictures of them somewhere in my collection. If I find a picture, I will scan it an e-mail it to you.
RF

Post by RF »

I would have thought an odd place for air intakes - wouldn't there be an accumulation of soot, dust and other particulates, even when the ship isn't in action?
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
rtwpsom2

Post by rtwpsom2 »

I am thinking more of something like a whole house fan. Ours is in the highest center point of the house and sucks all the air in the house out while drawing fresh air in through the windows. I would think this would be an ideal spot for fans as not only would it provide fresh air and a breeze, but the blowing air would be forced downward onto the deck (because it has to be shielded against the ocean and rain) and keep it clean.