A ship history : Heavy Cruiser Adm Scheer

From the Washington Naval Treaty to the end of the Second World War.
Antonio Bonomi

A ship history : Heavy Cruiser Adm Scheer

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao all,

here the Heavy Cruiser Admiral Scheer :

Ciao Antonio :D
Antonio Bonomi

Admiral Scheer flak configuration

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao all,

here some detailed informations about Admiral Scheer flak guns evolution from 1941 till 1945.

http://www.forum.marinearchiv.de/viewto ... 8090#18090

any help is welcome of course, so everybody can benefit in the future :D .

Antonio Bonomi

Schwere Kreuzer Scheer life in drawings

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao all,

here the life of the Heavy Cruiser Admiral Scheer.

The after refit initial look, and the Ocean mission, with the comeback scheme.

The Baltic camouflage schemes.

The Norway camouflages.

Back in Germany.

Erich

Post by Erich »

Antonio

Wonderful profile views of both the Scheer and the Lützow. I am very impressed. Will try my best to have my dear friend, formerly from a Marinelandsdivison view the 1945 views from both ships as he witnessed their shore bombardments during late 44-45 on Soviet batteries

thank you again for your hard and masterful work, I appreciate this tremendously

Erich ~ :D
Antonio Bonomi

Profiles

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao Erich and all,

many thanks both from my side as well as from Abram that surely will like your nice comments on our work.

Very good that you may have a friend that can evaluate the work and hopefully can provide value add.

You surely have seen also the Prinz Eugen and Admiral Hipper profiles, maybe he can help on those as well given his status, even if after 63 years it will be a though task for him without original photos.

Thanks again and Ciao Antonio :D
Erich

Post by Erich »

Antonio I will try and get my friend Otto to come over to my office to view the profiles also of the Prinz as he was responsible for calling her in to fix her heavy armament onto Soviet shore batteries during the heavy fighting in the gulf of Finland where Otto's division lost 3/4rs of their personell to heavy fighting.

Are you and Abram discussing possibly of making profiles for some of the Destroyers like the Karl Galster, ..... Hans Lody ?

thanks again

Erich ~
Antonio Bonomi

Profiles

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao Erich and all,

thanks for the initiative, maybe your friend Otto can help us with some new informations, it is a very good idea.

Abram is a very high talented and fast guy when it comes on graphich drawings, your can evaluate it yourself from our work.

Problem is that Abram is very busy now with his studies and traveling on the world.
Surely for next couple of years he will not have any time to dedicate to this, and to do this job is very high time consuming.

He is very young and talented and I am sure eveybody easily understand that for him this is priority on his life and now is very importat for him.

We are not going to issue any new drawing for next 2-3 years, after we can hopefully continue.

We stopped Bismarck and Tirpitz, Scharnhorst and Gneisenau that were at a very good level done, and will provide many new informations to everybody when released, including some news on released schemes too.

I do have all the informations in order to make all other drawings for KM warships including light cruisers and finally the destroyers and hilfskreuzers too.

So a bit of patient and one day hopefully you will see them all.

If you think that for those ships we had to wait more than 60 years for some new basic informations properly researched as everybody was only copying previous elementary wrong schemes, 2-3 years more will not do much damage.

I can anticipate that for the light cruisers something will be issued shortly but on a book.

Any need you may have on the destroyers you are looking for just feel free to ask me, I can see how to help you.