Calling Antonio Bonomi

From the Washington Naval Treaty to the end of the Second World War.
softsea

Calling Antonio Bonomi

Post by softsea »

Hi Antonio and all

There's an interesting discussion at Modelwarships about some photos of the Tirpitz (on a private note, I now have two 'ladies of the north' to build - one from Tamiya and the other from Kangnam).
Maybe you can help there.

Site is here

Your friend
João
Antonio Bonomi

Re: Calling Antonio Bonomi

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao Joao and all,

...many thanks for the trust on me :D .. I will try to see if I can help the discussion going on there.

You know,..she is my ' Lovely Queen',...... the TIRPITZ !

Ciao and thanks again my friend Antonio :D
In order to honor a soldier, we have to tell the truth about what happened over there. The whole, hard, cold truth. And until we do that, we dishonor her and every soldier who died, who gave their life for their country. ( Courage Under Fire )
softsea

Post by softsea »

Hi Antonio,

glad to hear from you, sorry about calling the Tirpitz as 'Lady' , she was certainly a QUEEN.

Cheers
João
Antonio Bonomi

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao Joao and all,

Not a problem,.... I think it is good to share among everybody so the discussion going on there on Tirpitz 1944 deck camouflage and air recognition methodology can be learned and verified,.... as every good average history researcher should do,... probably somebody else is interested here in as well on Tirpitz.

.... at least we can correct so many wrong informations going around on my ' Lovely Queen ' ..... :D

.... YES, I think that definitively one day,.... before my retirement, .. I must write a big book on her, ..... maybe more than one as the material is so much today, .... and on some other ships too, .... but now back on the KM light cruisers and destroyers history, ... anybody interested on knowing more on this subject ??

By the way Joao,

how is your Lutzow model going ?? Finished ??

Can we see some photos posted here in ??

Bye Antonio :D
In order to honor a soldier, we have to tell the truth about what happened over there. The whole, hard, cold truth. And until we do that, we dishonor her and every soldier who died, who gave their life for their country. ( Courage Under Fire )
softsea

Post by softsea »

Hi Antonio and all

The Lützow is stopped, pending the arrival of a PE set from Tomsmodelworks with German portholes.
As you know, I plan on replacing all the hull moulded portholes (actually they are just a simple hole) by PE, so I need about 300 of them. WEM as one PE set with them, but I would need about 7 or so sets to have enough and that would be very expensive.
On the other hand, I've started working on the TIRPITZ (1/400 from Kangnam), which I plan to backdate to Summer 1941, during training in the Baltic. Currently I'm working on detailing the turrets with PE, so I can make a Silicone mould and cast the ones I need.
Will post pictures here or in Modelwarships.

Cheers
João
Antonio Bonomi

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao Joao and all,

very good,... YES, I know how expensive those PE sets are,..and you need many to do the work right.

I have on my hands currently 7 models of Tirpitz on 1/350 on work,..so you can imagine how many portholes I had to glue,... :evil:

But at the end the result is very good and satisfactory,..so go for it.

Any help you need on Tirpitz during summer 1941 feel free,...I am making my first 3 model of her as on March, July and December 1941,..so I am prepared to give you theright suggestions.

Ciao Antonio
RF

Post by RF »

Antonio Bonomi wrote:
.... but now back on the KM light cruisers and destroyers history, ... anybody interested on knowing more on this subject ??

I do have a considerable interest in this area so keep in touch!

Whilst making this post I recall some time ago a reference to (I can't remember where) a book or magazine article concerning the story of a seaman called Hans-Dietrich Lau, who served on one of the destroyers that accompanied Scharnhorst on its last and fatal mission. Do you know anything about this?
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
Antonio Bonomi

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao RF and all,

OK, so as soon as I will release infos on this matter I will mak esure they will be here as well.

No, I do not know anything about that sailor article writen on a magazine.

If it is possible to find it out I will be a lot interested on having a copy of it ( even in German ) as I am working on a North Cape Battle article that hopefully will see the light very soon.

He was on board as Seekadett on Z-38 as I saw him talking on several Scharnhorst last battle documentary films I have.