KMS Bismarck 1:96 Kit

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
Eternal_Spirit

KMS Bismarck 1:96 Kit

Post by Eternal_Spirit »

Hi all. I came across this site looking for some 1:96 scale 15" and 5.9" turrets for the KMS Bismarck/Tirpitz for a project I am about to start.

Basically I am planning on building a 1:96 H:39 Battleship - or Super Bismarck. She carries 16" guns but the turrets would be identical so.....

Anyway to cut a long story short the H:39 is a custon hull & superstructure but I want to use all pre-fabbed fittings I can and turrets are one thing I want to get pre-fabbed, and I can't find any around for 1:96 scale.

I don't have to have 1:96 scale. 1:100 scale will do but can't find any of em either lol.

I basically need a complete set of 4 Bismarck/Tirpitz 15" turrets and barrels and 2 complete sets of 5.9" turrets and barrels (6 turrets a set)!

This is cos the H:39 has 8*5.9" (4 a side) and I am also planning to build an "M" Class Light cruiser which has 4*5.9" turrets.

Both will be custom hulls and upperworks, but fittings (and hopefully weapons) will be off the shelf. Imagine making 22 turrets from scratch :stubborn: lol.

Thankx for any help u can give. David.
Jeremy Dominique

Post by Jeremy Dominique »

Try this site http://scaleshipyard.com/Catalog%20Page ... WHU-B%2012
They have 15" and the secondary turrets for sale in 1:100 scale. Hope this helps.

Jeremy
Eternal_Spirit

Post by Eternal_Spirit »

Yup that is esactly what I am after! Bookmarked for further reference also! Thankx. David.
Eternal_Spirit

Post by Eternal_Spirit »

:think: $800 order! pmsl! Talk about overkill for 3 ships worth of turrets!

I think I may have to have a re-think!

That is £400 over here (UK) BEFORE Postage & packaging and shipping and VAT (approx 20%). Heck that order is gonna be near £550!

Anybody know of their UK supplier??

Thankx!