Best Models Makers

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
Matthias

Best Models Makers

Post by Matthias »

I want you to express your opinion about who is the most precise model builder house in the word...I mean, who is the best between Tamiya and Heller and so on?
I always used Tamiya kits, but I was wondsering yesterday about how Heller models are...

Some suggestions? :wink:
Antonio Bonomi

Best Bismarck model

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao Matthias and all,

NO way! ... go for the Tamiya all the time,.. unless you have around 15.000 dollars to purchase the FineArtModels one,..but that is already done.

Tamiya on scale 1/350 with photo etched parts ( brass ) ,..either from WEM ( most complete ),.. GMM, or TOM's depending on the skill.

Ciao Antonio :D
Kit-Builder

Post by Kit-Builder »

G’Day everyone,
I don’t think any commercial injected kits today come close to living up to potential. The current standard in 1/35 (even 1/72) armored topics would make the old Tamiya Bismarck look sick, really!
So if you have talent like Antonio then you are lucky but for me it is a lot of hard work! I’d say it’s the builder not the kit that make a fine displayed ship :lol:.
Steve
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

Kit-Builder wrote: I’d say it’s the builder not the kit that make a fine displayed ship :lol:.
Steve
Uh, that's sure...;) I would rather build the entire ship by myself instead to buy a polystyrene model, if I only had the time...:P
"Wir kämpfen bis zur letzten Granate."

Günther Lütjens