Newbie need Info on bismarck's rigging

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
clarence1

Newbie need Info on bismarck's rigging

Post by clarence1 »

Hi, :D

After multiple research regarding the rigging of the bismarck on different forum, I still can't find the information I'm looking for. :(

I'm currently building the Tamiya 1/350 scale Bismarck, and there is no information in the instruction sheet about the rigging (or antenna, I'm not even sure how to call it :? ) and where it is supposed to be attached on the model. This is my first time for building a ship. I just want to know where I can find this information, plans, pictures, websites, descriptions, references, anything that can help me to rig the boat.

If you have this information or you builded the boat and know where to attach the rigging, please, please let me know! :D

Thanks

Clarence Prigent
Gatineau, Québec
Kit-Builder

Post by Kit-Builder »

Clarence,
Are you still after rigging infomation? I have no scale plans or anything but together we should be able to peice it together from on line photos and the best of the best models too. Antonio's ships are here and we can pick his brain about the topic :lol:.
Anyway I hope you are still around and needing help (we can both learn something :wink:).
Regards Steve
clarence1

Yes SIR! :) I'm still looking for info

Post by clarence1 »

Hey Steve,

Nice to see that someone took the time to answer, it is appreciated. Funny thing to see that after 2 months, you read my post and now we are talking! Amazing!!!

Yes, I'm still looking for info or diagram, picture anything to help me rig the boat. After all my research I finally realized that nobody have the right answer for this one. We have to take some bits of info here and there and we have to try to figure out what should look ok.

I've stopped building my bismarck for the moment because I have returned to school this year but I'm still trying to find more info. So if you want to join me on this big journey of trying to find the right info I'll be more than happy to share it with you!

Thanks again

Clarence Prigent
Gatineau, Québec
Kit-Builder

Post by Kit-Builder »

G'Day Clarence,
Good to hear you did give up just yet :D.
Ok you need to understand that I have never built a ship before (I have a 1/72 S-100 under construction) and that I don’t know how to help you rig your ship BUT I do have a good idea from someone else to try.
I have an eye for details (not the best but ok for us) so I’ll start looking at internet photos that will help us both and we will see who’s kit looks like the best copy of the real rigging and copy them :wink:.
Steve
clarence1

Don't Worry, my first boat too

Post by clarence1 »

Hey Steve, Don't worry, The bismarck is my first boat too. I did built the revell 1/125 U-boat but I wanted to try something new plus the bismarck looks like it is a real big and strong boat plus the story regarding the chase in the atlantic by the english navy is just fascinating to me.

As for the kit, I will probably try to restart the building process during christmas holiday. I don't know but it seems that your message gave me a kick in the... to built the boat again :)

Anyway, I'll try to find more thing about the boat me too.

Clarence Prigent
Gatineau Québec
José M. Rico
Administrator

Post by José M. Rico »

Hello there,

I'm attaching a drawing of Bismarck's rigging. Courtesy of Miroslaw Skwiot.

I hope it helps.

Kit-Builder

Post by Kit-Builder »

Very helpful for me too. Thank you Jose.
Here is a 3D pic from Thomas Schmid at http://www.3dhistory.de .
He has other helpful images for hobby ship builders like us :cool:.
Regards Steve