Battleship Kirishima Drawings

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
David DeBack

Battleship Kirishima Drawings

Post by David DeBack »

I just bought Yankee Modelworks 1/350 Kirishima in resin. It can be built water-line or full hull. When I go to join the two halfs of the hull the bottom piece is 3 1/2" wide while the top piece is only 3 1/4" wide. Was there this big a step at the armour belt and where the casement guns go on the real ship. I have no reference material other than what came with the kit. Any help at locating reference drwgs. would be a help.
Thanks
MJQ
Supporter

Re: Kirishima

Post by MJQ »

Sounds like the lower hull shrunk more than the upper hull. You'd need to cut the lower hull down the center, then fill in the gap with something, like resin. Or, you could just build it as a waterline version. On my copy of Kirishima, the width of the upper and lower hulls match, but the lower hull is 1/2 inch shorter than the upper hull. I'm going to build waterline...
Martin
ludwig

Post by ludwig »

hallo David,

Maybe the book IJN Hiei by Profole Morskie N° 53. This book has many drawings , included hull lines in scale 1/400. Also the japanese book Kongo Class BB's by Gakken can be of some help.

regards,

Ludwig
be carefull with what you wish , you might regret it , be carefull with what you wish , you might get it.
ludwig

Post by ludwig »

hi David,

I made a photo of the center part of the book IJN Hiei by BS , Profile Morskie N° 53.

Sorry the photo is not very clear , but it will give you an indication.

regards,

Ludwig
be carefull with what you wish , you might regret it , be carefull with what you wish , you might get it.