New Book release on BISMARCK/TIRPITZ found

Naval and military history books, recent releases, magazines, related documents, articles, etc.
adm_reader

New Book release on BISMARCK/TIRPITZ found

Post by adm_reader »

Hi everybody,
this is my first posting in this forum though I visited it quite a while only on the search for information. Seeing so many experts around makes me believe that even my question of today will not be too difficult for at least one of you.

Recently I was browsing some sites and found information on a newly released book on BISMARCK/TIRPITZ that - beeing mainly technically interested - must raise my attention. If I got it right it is called "Bauvorschrift für den Schiffskörper" (regulations for building the hull and attached equipment) ISBN 3-8334-5483-0.

Has anybody of you knowledge about this edition - or even has anybody of you it in his possesion by now and could tell me/us about it?

Thank you for your answers

adm_reader
José M. Rico
Administrator

Post by José M. Rico »

I've just found it on Amazon.de:

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3 ... ismarck-21

260 pages just about the hull of the Bismarck Class? I think it may be interesting. Has anybody ever heard of the author before?
Herr Nilsson

Post by Herr Nilsson »

Hallo Jose,

it's the original "Bauvorschrift" dated from November 16th 1936. ..and in old German fraktur typeface (not even easy to read for Germans).
It consists of:
7 side preface by the author
1 side English abstract
the original table of contents and
111 sides of the "Bauvorschrift".

Gruss

Marc
José M. Rico
Administrator

Post by José M. Rico »

Oh, I see.
So, basically they just scanned the original document and put in book format, right? Are there any drawings, sketches, photos perhaps?

Thanks for your reply
Herr Nilsson

Post by Herr Nilsson »

Yes, they did.
There are only two drawings. They are based on drawings by "Gröner" and "Herner-Beyer". The only picture is the one on the book cover.

Gruss

Marc