Spanish Navy

Naval and military history books, recent releases, magazines, related documents, articles, etc.
Karl Heidenreich

Spanish Navy

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

I´m wondering if it´s there a good book (and an available one!) about the Spanish Navy? Special interest is everything from the Armada to the days after Trafalgar.
Thanks.
USS ALASKA

Re: Spanish Navy

Post by USS ALASKA »

Mr. Heidenreich, since it looks like you never got an answer to your question, I have one recommendation. Trafalgar and the Spanish Navy: The Spanish Experience of Sea Power by John D. Harbron http://www.amazon.com/Trafalgar-Spanish ... =1-1-spell. The description and reviews on Amazon are spot on. We often debate about the differences and qualities of English vs. French ships of that time period but nothing much is ever said about Spanish vessels. This book covers them well, along with a section of Spanish ships captured by the RN and the thoughts of the RN officers of said vessels. And, it can be had relatively cheap.

Hope this helps.
Karl Heidenreich

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

USS Alaska;

Thanks for the info, it is never late when it cames to books and learning! Thanks!
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
USS ALASKA

Post by USS ALASKA »

Not a problem sir - hope you enjoy it.

USS ALASKA
RF

Post by RF »

USS ALASKA wrote:Mr. Heidenreich, since it looks like you never got an answer to your question,
It is unfortunate that in Britain there is very little in the way of books on this subject, only with the development of the internet has material become more accessable.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.