The Secret Raiders, David Woodward, June 1955

Naval and military history books, recent releases, magazines, related documents, articles, etc.
_Derfflinger_
Supporter

The Secret Raiders, David Woodward, June 1955

Post by _Derfflinger_ »

In case anyone is interested in adding a classic book on the KM Hilfskruezer saga to their personal library, I have a spare copy which I have just listed on eBay for a minimal sum ($6 US). See eBay listing 4587972841.

I don't like the idea of using this forum to sell things, but as this book is one of the first to describe Hilfskreuzer operations well, and it is an original English published hard cover copy (3rd printing, June 1955), I wanted to make its availability known. It's in good shape for its age. Thanks.

Derf
José M. Rico
Administrator

Re: The Secret Raiders, David Woodward, June 1955

Post by José M. Rico »

_Derfflinger_ wrote:I don't like the idea of using this forum to sell things...
Don't worry about it. It's OK. :ok:
RF

Post by RF »

I have read this book and unfortunately it was published in 1955 and as far as I am aware it hasn't been updated.

I did use this book for a research project on hilfskreuzer Michel - big mistake - the chapter on Michel needs to be completely rewritten in the light of what is now known. This isn't the authors fault, and I note that some of the Michel errors in this book are repeated on the hilfskreuzer section of the bismarck-classe website. I don't know who maintains that section but it ought to be corrected.