The Denmark Strait battle article

Naval and military history books, recent releases, magazines, related documents, articles, etc.
Antonio Bonomi

The Denmark Strait battle article

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao all,

well, after more than 2 years of research and study I am pleased to announce that my re-construction of the Denmark Strait battle is on the printing :D .

Thanking Mr. Erminio Bagnasco ( one of the most famous Naval History writers we have in Italy ) managing the magazine '' Storia Militare '' ( Military History in Italian ) covering a lot of Naval History, and Editor Ermanno Albertelli which prints the magazine, my work will be published on December 2005.

The article is very complete and correlated with every reference currently available and analized as said personally by Mr. Bagnasco, one of the most competent reviewer I could have found on the entire world Naval community.

My personal Thanks to Mr. Bagnasco very high level competences about Naval warfare :clap: .

The article is written in Italian but inside the magazine you will find my last version battle map ( on A3 format ), a singular drawing of the ships involved with data, bearings and hits sustained, many unpublished photos of Bismarck in action each of one correlated with the battle map, including some photos of the damages on the PoW.

To order the magazine from all over the world it is enough to write an e-mail to :
The magazine number is Nr. 147 of December 2005 as said.

Magazine cost is 5 Euros, plus of course shipping and handling.

Now the real events at Denmark Strait are preserved forever, while I hope to see improvements on the future.

Ciao Antonio :D
Antonio Bonomi

My article

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao all,

here in you can see the front cover.

Now it is available......

http://forum.marinearchiv.de/viewtopic. ... 1114#11114

Luca Bevilacqua

Post by Luca Bevilacqua »

Ciao Antonio,

absolutely stunning.

Reconstruction, timing, photos, simply as close to perfection as a researcher can possibly get.

It was well worth the wait.

I'll be looking forward to your next endeavour.

Yours

Luca
Antonio Bonomi

My article

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao Luca and all,

many thanks my friend for you nice compliments :oops: :oops: :oops:

Knowing your technical, professional and Bismarck ship knowledge this means a lot for me.

You know what drives me, passion, real passion and love for those beautiful warships and their history.

Making the reasearch on their history is for me very fascinating and interesting, be sure I am not going to stop here.

Thanks again my friend ... Antonio :D
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

Great!!!

As soon as I can I will buy the new number...;)

My God...I would be pleased to talk to Mr Bagnasco too, I read some of his books...:D
"Wir kämpfen bis zur letzten Granate."

Günther Lütjens
Antonio Bonomi

My article

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao Matthias and all,

I like to see you comments too, especially compared to what Bismarck lovers already know on available books, .. that is for me an important reference to try on future works to do better and better.

You are right, Mr. Erminio Bagnasco is really a great expert and a very fair and enjoyable person to work with.

His magazine introduction to my article is one of the best accomplishments I could have dreamed to achieve, as he as been one of my references since I was young.

I am learning a lot of things from him while we work togheter, and I absolutely guarantee that his books on Regia Marina ships are of a very high level among the best available about naval arguments.

This book for example is simply FANTASTIC :

http://www.tuttostoria.it/specifiche.asp?ID=141

but you can have more,..much more,....

http://www.tuttostoria.it/specifiche.asp?ID=326

http://www.tuttostoria.it/specifiche.asp?ID=394

Matthias

Post by Matthias »

I read the article this morning...and I have to say that I liked your analitical style. I would have been more emotioned, a thing that is not so good while reporting historical facts...;) Very good work!

Günther Lütjens
Antonio Bonomi

My Article

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao Matthias and all,

many thanks for the quick feedback :D

YES, of course I clearly understand your point, but you got it right, if you want to be a fair historical researcher ( I try the best I can ) you must work that way in my opinion.

You do not have to allow your personal way to see facts to determine your way to explain the evidences and the references.
Otherwise you run the risk to do again to this battle what has been done for way too many years.
Cutting very important pieces of it and selling pre-conceived views.

That is why I wanted as much as I can to do what you have correctly perceived : an analitical historical re-costruction of the events and it seems it shows well.

Matthias

Re: My Article

Post by Matthias »

Antonio Bonomi wrote: Otherwise you run the risk to do again to this battle what has been done for way too many years.
Indeed. For too many years I saw I saw the Bismarck's crew, or the Kriegsmarine in general, designed by scholastic books as a group of fanatic nazis or cheap murderers. Too bad politics is too often the spring that move historical research, and not the will to know and don't let to rust and die the memory of the deeds of many brave men.;)

Günther Lütjens