Von Mellenthin - Panzer Battles, 1956

Naval and military history books, recent releases, magazines, related documents, articles, etc.
alecsandros

Von Mellenthin - Panzer Battles, 1956

Post by alecsandros »

Hello all,
I have come across an electronic version of the book from the topic title.

I just wanted to know if you have read it, or know about it's importance nowadays (54 years later...), because I would like to print it, but don't want to waste cartridge and pages.

All the best
RF

Re: Von Mellenthin - Panzer Battles, 1956

Post by RF »

I have read a hardback of this book many years ago. From what I can remember it was pretty good, but obviously given that it was written in the 1950' s the accounts are based on WW2 experiences and the knowledge of the wider picture of what was happening in the OKW that was known in the 1950's - which certainly is not as great as is known now.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
alecsandros

Post by alecsandros »

Thank you very much!
José M. Rico
Administrator

Post by José M. Rico »

I have this book somewhere at home. It is a good book particularly the part about the war in Africa and Rommel.
If you like German war memoirs print it.
USS ALASKA

Post by USS ALASKA »

I have that buried somewhere…if you have ever read books like Panzer Leader by General Heinz Guderian or Panzer Commander by Colonel Hans von Luck and enjoyed them, I would think you would enjoy Panzer Battles.
RF

Post by RF »

Panzer Leader is a very good, I read that originally at about the same time as the Mellenthin book and I recall that Guderian had the greater detail.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
USS ALASKA

Post by USS ALASKA »

For anyone REALLY interested in the WW II ground battles with emphasis on the German armor side, I can recommend looking for books at http://www.jjfpub.mb.ca/. Be warned - these are not cheap. They are also some of the finest examples of the bookmaking art I own. Some of the titles have been licensed to Stackpole books for print in softcover at a greatly reduced price. http://www.stackpolebooks.com/cgi-bin/s ... storefront