Nah - doesn't qualify for three reasons:
1. The rest of the world is not likely to understand the secondary meaning the nominator ascribes to it.
2. The reasons stated by Legend.
3. I don't think very many US names can qualify. They are mostly named after place names (cities, states and battles) or heroes (DDs). As such they are not descriptive of the ship and don't carry any any other secondary meaning. There are a few like Hornet
named after historic US ships that do have those qualities. The original namesake was bestowed in the same abstract spirit as the more colorful English names.
I don' t think it qualifies.
1. Named after a person just like US DDs. Not descriptive, no secondary meaning.
2. I never liked the name anyway because it unfairly associated the Iron Chancellor with Nazi Germany and the incorrect impression has never been fully corrected. Today if you asked people half of them would say that Bismarck had something to do with the Nazis. In fact he became famous for what he did 60 or more years before the Nazis and moreofver was the embodiment of Realpolitic
- something that the Nazis clearly cast aside.
3. Although I appreciate his support, Legend already has Hornet
in the finals.