Peter Mullers knife

Anything about the crew, families, origins, etc.
paul.mercer

Peter Mullers knife

Post by paul.mercer »

Gentlemen,
On the BBC's Antiques Road Show tonight (17th June) a jack knife and retaining cord belonging to a Peter Muller was presented on the show, apparently the owners grandfather was a seaman on the Dorsetshire who helped to rescue survivors from the Bismarck and Peter Muller was among them and had his knife confiscated when he came aboard. The present owner said that he would like to trace Mr Mullers relatives in order to return it to them and at the end of the program, Fiona Bruce the presenter announced that if anyone knew of the whereabouts of his relatives they should contact the BBC Antiques Road Show in order to put them in touch with the present owner.
Any Ideas that might help?
themayneman

Re: Peter Mullers knife

Post by themayneman »

I have already sent this to the BBC but thought it might be of interest on here.
I also managed to find out that his date of birth was 15-01-1915 and that his rank was that of Obermaschinenmast. It would appear that he and
(at least) eleven of his comrades were sent to a POW camp in Ontario, Canada. That's all I can find so far but will keep searching. Gary
paul.mercer

Post by paul.mercer »

Thanks Gary,
Presumably the German Government might have some records?
themayneman

Post by themayneman »

Yes I would have thought so Paul, I can't seem to find anything else online :-(
paul.mercer

Post by paul.mercer »

themayneman wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:44 pm Yes I would have thought so Paul, I can't seem to find anything else online :-(
Anyone else have any ideas?
ede144

Post by ede144 »

Unfortunately even HMA crew lists do not give more information

https://www.historisches-marinearchiv.d ... cl2=result