Hans Wald

Anything about the crew, families, origins, etc.
Erita

Hans Wald

Post by Erita »

My Name is Dr.phil. Elisabeth Puruto. I am writing my autobiography and while I was discussing my favourite uncle,Hans Knauff, I remembered that he had applied to join the Bismarck but was not accepted because his eyesight was not perfect. His best friend, Hans Wald, also from Duisburg-Hamborn was accepted and died on the Bismarck. Doing this research I am pleased to find the name of crew member Hans Wald in this list. I was only a child when all this happened but vividly remember my uncle and my mother telling me about Hans Wald. Thank you for all the work you are doing in this research.
Bgile

Re: Hans Wald

Post by Bgile »

Good luck and best wishes with your autobiography!
Legend

Post by Legend »

Yes! Thank you for your kind comments and good luck with a sucessful finish of your autobiography! Please note too, that we are always eager to help out others in their search for information.

Legend
AND THE SEA SHALL GRANT EACH MAN NEW HOPE, AS SLEEP BRINGS DREAMS.
RF

Post by RF »

This is an interesting comment about Hans Knauff, was the rejection on grounds of eyesight at the recruitment stage of signing up into the Kreigsmarine or was it specifically in relation to Bismarck, and posted eleswhere in KM service?
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.