Scenario with Bismarck and Tirpitz

Historical what if discussions, hypothetical operations, battleship vs. battleship engagements, design your own warship, etc.
Francis Marliere

Scenario with Bismarck and Tirpitz

Post by Francis Marliere »

Gentlemen,

I am currently working on a scenario for a naval wargame. The scenario explores what may have happened if Bismarck had survived Operation Rheinübung and all 4 German battleships were ordered to make a new raid in the North Atlantic in January 1942.
Unfortunately I can't find some of the information I am looking for and I request your help for the following subjects :
- oob for the Lufwaffe in France and Norway ;
- oob for the Coastal Command ;
- list and location of the fleet tankers of the US Atlantic Fleet available at the time ;
- and, above all, list of the ships that could refuel the German ships once they leave their port. I know that Germany had several supply ships at sea during Rheinübüng, but that some / most of them were sunk by the Royal Navy shortly after. I have no idea of what the Germans had in January 42.

Thanks for any help,

Francis Marliere
tameraire01

Re: Scenario with Bismarck and Tirpitz

Post by tameraire01 »

Best bet would be if lutjens had his own way and delayed exercise rhine/ berlin till 41/42 so he could have either tirpitz and/or sharnhorst were avalible.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas. Joseph Stalin