North Korea

Anything else you want to talk about.
paul.mercer

North Korea

Post by paul.mercer »

Gentlemen,
Once again we have North Korea shouting it's mouth off about 'pre-emptive nuclear strikes' and tearing up their non agggression agreements with South Korea.
In your opinion do you think that they would be mad enough to take on the US and probably other NATO countries in a nuclear shootout which they must know that they would lose - or is it just bluff to impress their people?
Byron Angel

Re: North Korea

Post by Byron Angel »

paul.mercer wrote:Gentlemen,
Once again we have North Korea shouting it's mouth off about 'pre-emptive nuclear strikes' and tearing up their non agggression agreements with South Korea.
In your opinion do you think that they would be mad enough to take on the US and probably other NATO countries in a nuclear shootout which they must know that they would lose - or is it just bluff to impress their people?

..... My guess is that they again want something from the West - money, free food, an oil refinery or two, etc.

B
RF

Re: North Korea

Post by RF »

It is more than bluff to control their people. The US and South Koreans are presented to the serfs of this ''workers state'' as the enemy, so that their loyalty to the North Korean leaders is enforced.

North Korea won't want a shooting war with the South, just a propaganda war to legitimise their rule. A shooting war would lead to absolute defeat, as per Saddam Hussein in Iraq in the rerun of ''Desert Storm.''

If I was the South Koreans I would be tempted to call the bluff of the North when they announce the 1953 ceasefire is at an end - and restart the actual war. The main reason why they don't is because of China, and because the US doesn't want them to upset China. Effectively it is China that keeps North Korea going as without Chinese food imports even the ruling elite and army in North Korea would starve,
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.