Wayne "I'm a moron" Rooney

Anything else you want to talk about.
lwd

Re: Wayne "I'm a moron" Rooney

Post by lwd »

RF wrote:Basically baseball was a faster paced game, ....
Baseball is faster paced? I thought the only thing slower was golf ....
RF

Post by RF »

You obviously haven't sat through a five day test match full of slow scoring and ending in a draw......
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
lwd

Post by lwd »

You are correct there. But I've seen baseball games go scoreless for 9 innings and then you get over time....
I would like to take in a cricket match some time though. Even if I didn't understand most of what was going on.
RF

Post by RF »

You can watch it on satellite TV, though most of it will be limited overs, where you should see a decisive result; you can also see it on You Tube.

Incidently President Eisenhower did watch a cricket Test Match at Lords when he paid a state visit to Britain, I believe in 1954. I presume his familiarity with cricket came from his wartime experience in Britain prior to the D-Day landings.
dougieo

Post by dougieo »

RF wrote:You can watch it on satellite TV, though most of it will be limited overs, where you should see a decisive result; you can also see it on You Tube.

Incidently President Eisenhower did watch a cricket Test Match at Lords when he paid a state visit to Britain, I believe in 1954. I presume his familiarity with cricket came from his wartime experience in Britain prior to the D-Day landings.
I usually find test match cricket terminally boring to be honest but I do enojoy watching the limited overs games, loved the 20/20(i think) from India not long ago.

40 and 50 over matches are also good.

I know not everybody likes it but I like it when they use the white ball, bit easier to see on the tv
Karl Heidenreich

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

Lee:
You are correct there. But I've seen baseball games go scoreless for 9 innings and then you get over time....
I would like to take in a cricket match some time though. Even if I didn't understand most of what was going on
During my exile in Trinidad I had to endure those endless crickett matches, some of them lasted for even days. At the end a co-worker told me that cricket, in reality, is not a sport... is just an excuse for drink beer.

Even drinking it was so slow...
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
RF

Post by RF »

Unless you are facing their fast bowlers. They will make you jump with a few nostril lifters.....