Obama´s mosque

Anything else you want to talk about.
yellowtail3

Re: Obama´s mosque

Post by yellowtail3 »

I've no predictions for the election... My guy prob won't be nominated... But Obama is beatable, even without the birther whack jobs wailing that he's A Muslim.
Shift Colors... underway.
Karl Heidenreich

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

frontkampfer:
obama is in trouble and its the economy that will cost him. People realize that things should be better but their not. He was elected to fix the economy and he did not deliver. Instead, we got barry care and it looks like it will be ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. If that happens and the economy sinks further he'll be helping jimmy carter build houses for Habitat for Humanity - IMHO
Thanks you for the input. In Latin America news on what goes on in the US politics are heavily distorted. Despite the fact that Obama has been one of the presidents that had paid least attention to the region in the last 50 years and that has been not so proactive with Free Trade Treaties he has a lot of support around here, maybe because latins want to see the US on it's knees and Obama is the one guy that can achieve that. Republicans are not well regarded despite the fact that they have helped the region more. I imagine the same reason applies.
But it seems some hope exists in get rid of those bleeding heart liberals and their ayatolah. Good!
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
RF

Post by RF »

Well Obama may be in trouble over the economy but one thing that will now go for him is that the Republican opposing him will be Mitt Romney. So now its a battle of who is the most unelectable.

Its almost like having a Presidential election between Barry Goldwater and George McGovern. At least there the right man would win. But Romney is no Goldwater.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
frontkampfer

Post by frontkampfer »

RF,

Romney is not that bad. He's not great but more important, he's not obama. He's had a lot of practice in the primary's and he is a good debater. He knows how to get under the skin of his opponents (Perry, Gingrich, Santorum particularly). obama is very thin skin and he is used to everyone telling him how great he is. If Romney can get him pissed off and lash out it will really hold the spotlight on how over his head he really is.

He's had four years. Things are not better and people are getting worried. The economy will sink him and his own hubris!
"I will not have my ship shot out from under my ass!"
RF

Post by RF »

frontkampfer wrote:
Romney ......knows how to get under the skin of his opponents (Perry, Gingrich, Santorum particularly).
That wasn't too difficult considering how inadequate and shallow the likes of Perry and Gingrich are. And stil Gingrich won primaries in the South....

Obama will attack Romney for being a rich businessman out of touch with Obama's constituency. Romney comes from Obama territory and has little real resonance in the Republican states in the souith and west. Thats why he was such a poorly performing front runner during the primary/caucus season. And Romneys' religous affiliation will also be a turn off, even in Utah.

The one saving grace might be in the VP running mate. At least he or she may come from the south or west. But that won't help him much in winning states like New Jersey, Indiana, Ohio which he has to take to win.
frontkampfer

Post by frontkampfer »

Some states are just too blue (democrat) like Ny, NJ, CA. Some are swing states with a lot of people out of work OH, IN, FL and obama support is slipping. As I said if the economy stay bad, gets worse or if the people think it obama is gone.

As for making a deal over Romney's wealth. A lot of his opponents tried to do that and failed. Romney can handle it. If obama goes after his religion the rev. wright stories will come up. In short, Romney can play the same game as obama and they already don't like it, bemoaning the fact that Romney is not setting the same tone as McCain.

In short, people have got to realize that if this looser of a president gets reelected then it will be the end of the US as most know it! IMHO
steffen19k

Post by steffen19k »

In short, people have got to realize that if this looser of a president gets reelected then it will be the end of the US as most know it! IMHO
Amen.

You know. I spent 6 years in the army. And my time in this nation's military has left me with the impression that the only thing service is good for is College Money. I often and regularly debate exiling myself to another country, as I fear the direction that our government is going in.

The following statements are my perceptions of what is happening in this nation. I can only hope and pray that things are not as bleak as I see them.

The US Government is, at the moment, the Nation's greatest enemy.
They resort to Special Forces Operations in the name of "Plausible Deniability" so that the nation can "be friends" with those who hate us. They send our army in occupy nations to turn potential friends against us. They send the means of waging war to our very real enemies, in the form of food and money. The food gets hoarded. The money is used to buy guns. They "interpret" the constitution, to determine how the rights written on it "can be applied equally to everyone." At the same time, they go about, in comparative secrecy, promoting that some people are "more equal" than others...

And the list goes on and on.

At the rate things are going I feel a civil war is inevitable, and the build up to that may very well be started with the election of the next President.

If such a thing has not happened already, I believe that the signal event will inevitably involve the communist bastards of the "main stream" Democratic Party antagonizing certain people into a reaction that they can turn to their own ends so they can lay themselves upon their cross as a Martyr, claiming they were wronged. More and harsher rules will be instituted, and finally open violence will descend upon America, too little and too late to truly do anything productive.

And I fear this Civil war will be lost by the "intervention" of "Peacekeeping" forces consisting of a majority of Russian, Chinese, and possibly Iranian troops.

I can only hope and pray that I am wrong about all of this...But I know that I'm right about some small part of it.
Here is everything I know about war: Someone wins, Someone loses, and nothing is ever the same again. Here is everything I know about life: The only certainties are death and taxes.
The enemy of freedom are those who proclaim only they can uphold it.
yellowtail3

Post by yellowtail3 »

steffen19k wrote:You know. I spent 6 years in the army. And my time in this nation's military has left me with the impression that the only thing service is good for is College Money.
college money benefits are a great deal, far better than what they were 40 years ago
I often and regularly debate exiling myself to another country, as I fear the direction that our government is going in. [/quote[ Exile? Why?
At the rate things are going I feel a civil war is inevitable, and the build up to that may very well be started with the election of the next President.
Civil War... what would this war be fought over? Who would start it, and against whom?
I can only hope and pray that I am wrong about all of this...But I know that I'm right about some small part of it.
rest easy, you're almost certainly wrong.
Shift Colors... underway.
frontkampfer

Post by frontkampfer »

I have to agree with steffen19k! I have never seen the country so divided and that includes Vietnam and Watergate. The current regime is willfully disregarding the constitution by not enforcing the laws and they make their own outside of the legislative process. If Bush or any other president tried to do that you'd have several impeachment resolutions in congress. But because the obama knee pad press are lap dogs for the administration they give him air cover. If this loser was disliked by the lame stream media the same way they disliked Bush, both father and son, or Reagan he would be at 20% approval.

If he gets reelected there will be no stopping his radical agenda, the divisions in society will only get worse and America will be firmly on the road to decline. Move over Greece!
RF

Post by RF »

If Obama is in breach of his Oath of Office taken before the Chief Justice on becoming president is not Obama liable not just to impeachment while he is president but also to charges of treason or at least violation of duty for his actions, after he has left the White House? Could not a new Administration allow or encourage such proceedings against a former president?
frontkampfer

Post by frontkampfer »

In order to Impeach a sitting President, Articles of Impeachment need to be drawn up in the House, usually in the Justice committee, voted on and then moved to the floor. If it passes it then goes before the Senate where the trial is heard and then they vote on it. If it passes the President is removed, if not he stays in office.

In short, if he were to be impeached someone in the House needs to come up with a charge. Unfortunately, exceeding your authority is not one of them. That's why the courts exist. He's not the first to try it but no one has called him on it - yet! i just hope someone files a suit but it will take time.

As for charging and trying former Presidents, its not something that would be done as it would be a distraction for the current administration, whoever that may be. The left wanted to do that to Bush 43 but obama didn't bite. It was to convenient having him around to blame when all his policies went in the toilet!

Confusing, I know. But I hope it helps!
Karl Heidenreich

For the sake of the US and the free world a change must happen. It is incredible that a communist muslim is sitting in the same office of Reagan, Teddy and George Washington.
Sir Winston Churchill
steffen19k

Post by steffen19k »

Karl Heidenreich wrote:For the sake of the US and the free world a change must happen. It is incredible that a communist muslim is sitting in the same office of Reagan, Teddy and George Washington.
From your lips to Gods ears, Karl. I agree 100%.
Here is everything I know about war: Someone wins, Someone loses, and nothing is ever the same again. Here is everything I know about life: The only certainties are death and taxes.
The enemy of freedom are those who proclaim only they can uphold it.
Byron Angel

Post by Byron Angel »

I don't know where all the dissatisfaction with the 0bama presidency is coming from. No less a source than press secretary "Art Carney" has announced that, apart from a few problems (which are all the fault of Bush!) everything is just peachy keen and on the right path in the country. [/sarc]

We need an adult in the White House.

B
Karl Heidenreich

We need an adult in the White House.
You rather must say that you "need a human" in the WH.
Sir Winston Churchill