Obama´s mosque

Anything else you want to talk about.
lwd

Re: Obama´s mosque

Post by lwd »

While this:
Dave Saxton wrote:.... Although Obama was the most unqualified and least experienced canidate (something the media carefully ignored) in the last election
Is pretty clearly the case. This:
as proved by becoming probably the most incompetant US Pres in US history, ....
Is far less clear and I'm not even convinced it's defenceable. He has certainly done a better job than I thought he might of course that may not be saying much.
Karl Heidenreich

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

lwd:
While this: Dave Saxton wrote:

.... Although Obama was the most unqualified and least experienced canidate (something the media carefully ignored) in the last election
Is pretty clearly the case. This:

as proved by becoming probably the most incompetant US Pres in US history, ....
Is far less clear and I'm not even convinced it's defenceable. He has certainly done a better job than I thought he might of course that may not be saying much.
I think lwd is correct here: Obama still have two more years to beat Jimmy Carter's record as the worst US President ever. Carter loss of Iran and Nicaragua was proverbial and, in the measures of some quite outstanding analists as Shelford Bidwell and Sir John Hackett, he almost lost NATO; a second term would have seen something like the movie "Red Dawn" or the TV series "Amerika". We have to reckon that Carter had the Soviets to dealt with and Obama do not, but let's see how he mess up the Afgan war and lost strategic supremacy everywhere else. As Carter with the B1, Obama scrapped out the F 22 in favor of a weaker F 35. (one coincidence in weapon production, like Hitler messing around with the Me 262). Carter opposed the MX as Obama opposed the missile defense system. We can say they both are in the same path. So, I think we should give Obama his two next years to destroy America's strategic stance and see who have to come to fix it.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
Karl Heidenreich

Sir Winston Churchill
RF

Post by RF »

Obama certainly has a charisma factor, but looking at it from outside the US and the coverage in the British media a very great play was made of the fact that Obama was ''black.''
Now I believe that in the Democratic Party primaries both Hilary Clinton and Joe Biden pointed out vigorously the lack of experience of Obama. Yet in western society overall, which likes to demonstrate its anti-racist politically correct ideals, we have this obssession with Obama's race, indeed describing him as black when he is actually and clearly of mixed race.
It appears that this media endorsement did play a great deal in Obama's election, particulary when Clinton endorsed him and Biden became the running mate.

Next time round it won't be so easy. But the Republican choice will be crucial, and to me as an outsider the field there looks completely wide open.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
Dave Saxton
Supporter

Post by Dave Saxton »

Agreed. I just don't see Huckabee as that person though. He just doesn't have "it." It would be like Dole vs Clinton in 96 all over again. I recall liberal professors lamenting that it looked like Bill Clinton would be a one termer, but the Republicans nominated Dole and assured Clinton's re-election.

Romney is probably still the strongest and best republican hopeful, but he is severely handicapped by his faith, much moreso than JFK was by his Catholicism in 1960. Romney also had to plot a moderate course to become elected to New England public office and this has undermined his conservative credibility in other areas of the country. Palin has got charisma, but she has been crucified beyond probable redemption by the media. Of course the same had happened to Reagan in the 60's and 70's. I don't really see anybody very strong on the republican side at this point.

Perhaps I should have wrote that Obama is only on his way to becoming the worst US Pres. Everything he has thouched so far has been a complete disaster nonetheless. I don't see him as competant as most any other Pres so far. He's no JFK, or Reagan, or Linclon, or even Ike or Hoover, or LBJ. Not even close. He is a idealist who will not put aside his fixed agenda for the good of the nation or the world. He presses forward proclaiming: " Damn the Consitution, and foundering fathers, and the science of economics, and the spectre of nuclear prolifiration, and islamic extremists, full speed ahead!" He is indeed cut from the same bolt of cloth in terms of foreign policy and perspective as Jimmy Carter, as his undergraduate and post graduate work at Occidental Community College and at Columbia reveals.
Entering a night sea battle is an awesome business.The enveloping darkness, hiding the enemy's.. seems a living thing, malignant and oppressive.Swishing water at the bow and stern mark an inexorable advance toward an unknown destiny.
Karl Heidenreich

This is how the russians show their respect for the US "President"

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/ ... orm=msnled
Sir Winston Churchill
Herr Nilsson

Post by Herr Nilsson »

Are you sure?
Regards

Marc

"Thank God we blow up and sink more easily." (unknown officer from HMS Norfolk)
Karl Heidenreich

That would have never happened to Reagan. They respected and were afraid of Reagan.
Sir Winston Churchill
frontkampfer

Post by frontkampfer »

He presses forward proclaiming: " Damn the Consitution, and foundering fathers, and the science of economics, and the spectre of nuclear prolifiration, and islamic extremists, full speed ahead!" He is indeed cut from the same bolt of cloth in terms of foreign policy and perspective as Jimmy Carter, as his undergraduate and post graduate work at Occidental Community College and at Columbia reveals.
I could not agree more! Did you hear that barry wants to size the 401k accounts and give everyone a guaranteed retirement account instead? Kind a like social security, where all the money is gone. No cost of living increase for another year and they cut medicare to pay for obamacare. I fear this guys is pushing the country towards open rebellion. If they try to pull that off I'm afraid it will happen!

I am so pumped about this election I can't wait. I want to vote as many times as a chicago voter only for every Republican-Tea Party candidate I can find!
"I will not have my ship shot out from under my ass!"
Karl Heidenreich

frontkampfer:

It's really frustrating not being an American in order to vote with you and help your great nation to recover from the actual conspiracy. The only thing for me is to wish and pray that this November is the starting of the end for Obama.
Sir Winston Churchill
RF

Post by RF »

Dave Saxton wrote: It would be like Dole vs Clinton in 96 all over again. I recall liberal professors lamenting that it looked like Bill Clinton would be a one termer, but the Republicans nominated Dole and assured Clinton's re-election.
Clintons re-election was largely because Perot split the Republican vote. Do you think Perot would have beaten Clinton as a Republican nominee?
RF

Post by RF »

Karl Heidenreich wrote:This is how the russians show their respect for the US "President"

It could have been worse. The Russian could have decked him. How would that affect US-Russian relations?
RF

Post by RF »

Dave Saxton wrote: Palin has got charisma, but she has been crucified beyond probable redemption by the media. Of course the same had happened to Reagan in the 60's and 70's. I don't really see anybody very strong on the republican side at this point.
Don't forget that Reagan was elected governor of California by a landslide in 1966, whereas Nixon failed in 1962.

I don't think Palin is a credible candidate because she comes from the electorally smallest and geographically remotest state, and apparently believed at one time that Alaska would be better off as part of Canada than the USA.
lwd

Post by lwd »

RF wrote: ... Do you think Perot would have beaten Clinton as a Republican nominee?
I don't know but I wished we had found out.
Herr Nilsson

Post by Herr Nilsson »

RF wrote:
Karl Heidenreich wrote:This is how the russians show their respect for the US "President"

It could have been worse. The Russian could have decked him. How would that affect US-Russian relations?
Karl Heidenreich wrote:That would have never happened to Reagan. They respected and were afraid of Reagan.
I think you should watch the video once again very carefully.
Regards

Marc

"Thank God we blow up and sink more easily." (unknown officer from HMS Norfolk)