Obama´s Nobel Peace Prize

Anything else you want to talk about.
Karl Heidenreich

Obama´s Nobel Peace Prize

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

Obama has been laureated with the Nobel Peace Prize. Some very good human beings have been awarded with that distinction:

Teddy Roosevelt
Mother Teresa
Lech Walesa
Dalai Lama

On the other hand other very "questioned" guys has receive it:

Yasser Arafat: a terrorist leader
Menahem Begin: a terrorist bomber
Rigoberta Menchu: communist fifth columnirst and liar
Willy Brandt: a social democrat spy
Henry Kissinger: a debacle maker
Jimmy Carter: he can be either an Ahlzeimer victim or a comunist mole
Oscar Arias: my country´s actual president, a guy that lives in the lie of what he didn´t achieve

This prize has brought to my memory one of the greatest lines ever said in a film: an incredible film which end fools everybody. The actor who said the line is Kevin Spacey and the movie "The Usual Suspects":

"The greatest trick the devil has ever pulled is to convince the world he didn´t exists"

Believe me: the devil exists but his face is so awfull that nobody wants to say it loud.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
Lutscha

Re: Obama´s Nobel Peace Prize

Post by Lutscha »

Why is Willy Brandt a social democratic spy? Because of the Guillaume affair?
Karl Heidenreich

Why is Willy Brandt a social democratic spy? Because of the Guillaume affair?
Well, of course we have the Günther Guillaume affair, which even the Social Democratic party reckons as a reason for Brandt to step down and resign from as German Chancellor but my remark was more far reaching.

Brandt was a supporter of the Ostpolitik for a having a "closing" relationship with the Warsaw Pact powers (eyphemism for Soviet Union puppets) when the NATO alliance was in one of it´s weak moments. And it became an "ambiguous" policy that gave birth to many leftist, and dangerous, movements in Germany that, with the continuation in power of the Social Democrats, instead of the Christian Democrats of Kohl in the 80ies, will lead to a likely colapse of the main front against soviet agression. Of course the narrow minded Nobel comission gave Brandt the prize for the face value of it´s undertakings that were perceived as an "apeacement". But that was the name for Neville Chamberlain´s undertakings too.

I, as a member of a generation of Central American who saw the comunist infiltration in Nicaragua, Salvador and Guatemala, who saw the comunists in our jungles killing our humble policemen with the commie cells, I do regard everything that tends to support the left as an attempt to democracy and western way of life. Of those horrible days I regard Reagan, Thatcher and Kohl as heroes. People like Brandt and Schmidt were, at the best, collaborators of the soviet menace.

I hope this help to clarify my, I admit, subjective assesment.
Sir Winston Churchill
RF

Post by RF »

Coming back to President Obama, I think the award is a little premeture. He has been in office barely nine months and is yet to complete anything substantial.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
RF

Post by RF »

Karl Heidenreich wrote:
Of those horrible days I regard Reagan, Thatcher and Kohl as heroes.
And presumably Barry Goldwater.

To me Thatcher was a big disappointment, Kohl very much a product of the EU, as that quango now calls itself.
Bgile

Post by Bgile »

RF wrote:Coming back to President Obama, I think the award is a little premeture. He has been in office barely nine months and is yet to complete anything substantial.
I believe he was nominated after being in office only a couple of months, and he has acknowledged that he hasn't really done much to deserve it.

The award seems to have been given to acknowledge the completely different attitude of the US toward other countries since he took power and also I think an attempt to influence his decision making in the future. He probably thinks of it as an albatross hanging around his neck. It does give him a nice opportunity to make a speech at the ceremony which will have a world wide audience.
RF

Post by RF »

Unfortunately it could also embolden the ''fruitcakes'' in Iran to become more intransigent over their nuclear facilities. As you say it doesn't really make things easier fo President Obama.
Karl Heidenreich

Being my dad Norwegian I already give him hell on this. Is something has threaten peace lately are the the peace lovers. If the "good" guys turn really good and not agressive then the bad guys will fell themselves bold enough to do their "things". Like Chamberlain and Hitler, Khomeini and Carter, Sandinistas and Carter, Russians and Carter, etc. etc.
Sir Winston Churchill