Star Trek: Made in Costa Rica

Anything else you want to talk about.
Kyler

Re: Star Trek: Made in Costa Rica

Post by Kyler »

I have been a fan of Star Trek for many years. The basic principle of the Warp drive is to compress space in front of the vehicle so the ship is traveling the same distance of space at much faster pace.

NASA has done theoretical research into this area and believes the energy levels to build such a system would be far to high. Theoretical Physicists believe for faster then light travel that the search from Einstein Rosenberg bridges (Wormholes) is better way for future humans to explore the galaxy.
"It was a perfect attack, Right Height, Right Range, Right cloud cover, Right speed,
Wrong f@%king ship!" Commander Stewart-Moore (HMS Ark Royal)
RF

Post by RF »

Interesting theory Kyler.

So wehy haven't we been visited by people from the future?
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
Kyler

Post by Kyler »

I was understanding that time travel is impossible. Warp Theory allows you to warp space time so that you are bending the rules of general relativity but not actually breaking them.

You bend space time so you essentially travel laster than light, but while not actually breaking the light speed barrier.
"It was a perfect attack, Right Height, Right Range, Right cloud cover, Right speed,
Wrong f@%king ship!" Commander Stewart-Moore (HMS Ark Royal)
RF

Post by RF »

As I understand it, Einstein's General Theory of Relativity holds that if the speed of light threshold is exceeded then time goes backwards, so that a journey finishes before you start it. At least that is my understanding of the theory, but then again I'm not a physicist.'
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.