Bismark vs Yamato on the WWII forum

Anything else you want to talk about.
lwd

Bismark vs Yamato on the WWII forum

Post by lwd »

In case people don't get enough head banging over here. (of the :stubborn: sort) Take a look at:
http://www.ww2f.com/what-if/11793-bisma ... amato.html

In a reversal of the normal corse of things over here I'm actually defending the Yamato.... :)
Bgile

Re: Bismark vs Yamato on the WWII forum

Post by Bgile »

lwd wrote:In case people don't get enough head banging over here. (of the :stubborn: sort) Take a look at:
http://www.ww2f.com/what-if/11793-bisma ... amato.html

In a reversal of the normal corse of things over here I'm actually defending the Yamato.... :)
I only made it through the first page and got so disgusted I didn't follow the rest of the thread. The level of knowledge for the most part was little short of pathetic.
lwd

Post by lwd »

It gets better....

Depeding how pathological your defintion of better is.

At least you should appreciate now why I posted this here rather than one of the historical forums.

I would appreciate it if anyone has a good referance for Yamato's gunnery off Samar though.
Bgile

Post by Bgile »

I finally read the whole thing and yes there are a few people with something to contribute.
RF

Post by RF »

On paper Yamato would seem to have all the advantages except perhaps in speed. As pointed out in the quoted thread the context of the engagement is highly relevant.
One aspect I would mention is that while we do know what Bismarck's guns could do in action against capital ships, the Yamato never took on any other battleship so we don't have a demonstration of whether Yamato performs as well as it is hyped up to be.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.