Some Mothers!

Anything else you want to talk about.
Vic Dale

Some Mothers!

Post by Vic Dale »

I have just come from my mother's house - barely able to contain myself.

My Nephew is visiting Germany in a few months and was looking for travel guides to take with him. "Oooh!" Said my mother, "I have a copy of 'Mein Kampf' in the cupboard you could take that with you." Monty Python could not have done better.

I always wondered why she didn't try the dilomatic service as a career option.

It seems the idiot season is not limited to the US elections after all.

Vic Dale
RF

Re: Some Mothers!

Post by RF »

Under the Schengen Agreement you can of course take ''Mein Kampf'' into Germany without customs seeing it. But any swastikas in the book can get you arrested if a German policeman sees them.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
lwd

Post by lwd »

What if you are carrying an older edition of Kipling? Many that I've seen are decorated with them (admitedly they are a mirror image of the Nazi one).
RF

Post by RF »

As I understand it the ''back to front'' hooked cross is not recognised as a Nazi symbol. Remember that the nazies did not invent this symbol they simply used it as an icon. In India the horizontal hooked cross has been used in the Hindu religion for many centuries.

The only problem is a mis-understanding of the symbol. Especially as some neo-nazies nowadays are so ignorant that they don't know the correct nazi display of the swastika, just as some CND people get the CND symbol confused with the Mercedes-Benz symbol.....
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.