Hi!

Anything else you want to talk about.
The_Ships_Cat

Hi!

Post by The_Ships_Cat »

Hi guys.
Just wanted to say hello coz I'm a newbie.
I found this forum as I want to build the Revell 1/350th Bismarck to accopany my Trumpeter H.M.S Hood, and though i might get some more info on Bismarck before I build her. I have a few naval books but nothing much to help me build a good replica, though my dad got me the nice Gunpower books on German guns for my last two Christmas presents. (Nice one dad :wink: :!: )

So I hope to enjoy my time here and look forward to what everyone has to say.
TTFN,
"We stand tall on the quarterdeck, son.
All of us."
Karl Heidenreich

Re: Hi!

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

I buyed my Revell more than a month ago but haven´t even start on it. As a matter of fact is on line behind my 1/350 Trumpeter Admiral Kutznezov russian CVN (which I haven´t even started neither). But I already have my 1/350 Tamiya Bismarck being displayed alongside Trumpeter Hood and Tamiya PoW. About my scheduled painting scheme I haven´t yet decided but there are some really interesiting threads here about that precise topic which have very important posts from our expert in Bismarck painting Antonio Bonomi.

Best regards.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
The_Ships_Cat

Post by The_Ships_Cat »

Hi Karl. Thanks for replying.
I'm waiting to go to the Nats at Telford to get my Hood details from White Ensign, the gun barrels look stunning, going to take off the blast bags from the Trumpeter upgrade ste and use these other barrels. Doing her waterline and put her on a sea base.
Schemes are annoying for the Bismarck and Eugen, what to do :think: :x ? Arrgggh! I mighyt do her in her last scheme, though the Hakenkruetz on the deck is tempting, breaks up the general grey/teak of ships, but to match the Hood I ought to do the painted out markings.
Trumpeter are doing the Eugen soon, so I heard what a bounus.
All we need now in 1/350th are a few more Great War ship and Graf Spee (possibly my fave German ship) H.M.S Exeter, H.M.S Ajax and H.M.N.S Achillies....ooh can we have a 6th scale John Gregson as Cpt Bell too?
Now that is just wishful thinking :lol:
Love,
All of us."
RF

Post by RF »

Welcome to the forum, greetings from England!

I see you come from near Aberystwyth, a town I have been to many times for summer holidays - and the rain!
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
The_Ships_Cat

Post by The_Ships_Cat »

Hi RF...yer the rain.... :silenced: it's really been warm here today and yesterday though, looks like Aber summer has arrived!
All of us."