The Tudors

Anything else you want to talk about.
RF

The Tudors

Post by RF »

The BBC in Britain is currently running a dramatisation series focussing on the reign of Henry VIII entitled ''The Tudors.''

Has anybody else seen this series? If so what do you think of it?
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
dougieo

Re: The Tudors

Post by dougieo »

I watched some of the first series, there on the second now I think if it is not finished allready.

I am very, very poor on the history of our monarchy but I did find it enjoyable. It gave me the impression of a child stamping there feet to get there way, although a rather power hungry and devious one at that.

Dougie
RF

Post by RF »

The reality is that is how most absolute monarch's tend to rule. The main thing is that the actor portraying Henry VIII looks nothing like the man portrayed in paintings and pictures from the time he actually lived.
dougieo

Post by dougieo »

It may be down to marketing choices, if the BBC try to sell it abroad, especially the US they are most likely to pick the more attractive and less roll poly actors.
lwd

Post by lwd »

Early in his carrer Henery VIII was hardly rolly poley. Indeed I seam to recall reading that he was fairly acomplished on the tourney field.
RF

Post by RF »

This is right, as Henry VIII came to the throne at age 18 and it was only in his last few years that he became grossly overweight.