It's up to you

Discussions about the history of the ship, technical details, etc.

Moderator: Bill Jurens

paul.mercer

It's up to you

Post by paul.mercer »

Gentlemen,
I was going to put this plea in the ‘Off Topic’ part of the forum, but as it mainly applies to the ‘Bismarck General Discussion’ bit I decided to put it there.
Gentlemen,
Yet another thread has been locked because some of the posts got out of hand with unacceptable comments. I don’t know what Bill Jurens or Jose’ Rico are going to do about it, ultimately it is up to Mr Rico of course, but in my humble opinion we are in danger of either losing the ‘General Discussion’ part or the entire forum. Frankly, unless some new evidence comes to light after 78 years I think there is little more to be added to the debate on the Denmark Strait battle or its aftermath which is probably just as well bearing in mind the controversy that it had caused in these columns.
I have no doubt that both Mr Jurens and Mr Rico have other interests outside the Forum and have better things to do rather than have to study every post for unacceptable language and go about the tedious business of deleting them.
I personally have the greatest respect for the knowledge of all the contributors and have learned a great deal from reading them and replying to what may seem to them my rather naive questions on occasions. However, over the years we have lost a number of regular contributors, some no doubt due to the effect of remarks made in the posts, others by just getting fed up of seeing what seems to be an ongoing feud between certain members whenever Denmark Strait is mentioned.
It seems to me that we have a choice to make, either these posts carry on as before and risk losing all or part of this forum, or the members concerned bury their differences and take on a more conciliatory tone in their posts and respect one another’s views or opinions even though they may disagree with them.
Gentlemen, it’s up to you.
OpanaPointer

Re: It's up to you

Post by OpanaPointer »

"General Discussions" is often a loose cannon in many forums. I wouldn't miss it.
RobertsonN

Post by RobertsonN »

Over on the NavWeaps Forum this kind of explosion used to be fairly regular. Each time followed by a silence for a few days. Then one or two people made posts and soon things were back to normal,

Neil Robertson
Bill Jurens

Post by Bill Jurens »

No commentary at this time, just a system test...

Bill Jurens