Search found 3 matches
Search found 3 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:28 am
- Forum: Hypothetical Naval Scenarios
- Topic: Could the Type XXI U-boat have won the war?
- Replies: 64
- Views: 19433
Well since this a 'what if' type of question... On the assumption that type 21s had extended the War in the Atlantic by two years, and assuming that the KM U-Boats had stayed in the Atlantic, there's no great history of the German Navy straying far from home, Southern Indian Ocean excepted. I still ...
- Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:17 pm
- Forum: Naval History (1922-1945)
- Topic: Taranto Effect on Naval Warfare
- Replies: 71
- Views: 13012
As an addendum to the OP, Oerlikonn and Bofors were both, I believe European Arms makers, so did the RN just filch the designs? To badly mangle an expression: 'all is fair in love and war' but were the Allies liable for patent theft if they'd used a weapon design from the Axis or occupied countries....
- Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:29 am
- Forum: Naval History in General
- Topic: Your favourite Battleship
- Replies: 18
- Views: 16592
Hello good people, first post on this forum so please be patient! Like the OP I've always had a love of the comparatively few post WW2 British Battleships especially HMS Vanguard. A ship that almost seems to have disappeared from the public memory now, beautiful proportions, well built, armed and en...